LIST: 5 Heroes likely to die in Infinity War
By JohnBoy March 27, 2018
It comes to no surprise that Avengers: Infinity War is one of the most anticipated movies of 2018, not just as a comic book film but as a fun popcorn action flick. Since 2008 with the launch of Iron Man, we’ve gotten eighteen movies in the cannon and Disney/MCU show no signs of slowing down. Even before Disney acquired the company, the MCU has kept a relatively consistent tone in terms of balancing drama, action, and humor. However the latest Avengers film that is due to arrive April 27th is about to go down a darker path, unless they throw in too many jokes to fluff it up. I seriously hope not. One thing the MCU has done effectively over the years is craft long lasting characters that we can all root for. Some of our old favorites are about to meet their end in this new movie and sad to say, it’s necessary because we have so many new arrivals joining the team and it’s continuing to grow. It was inevitable to have certain members killed off. Who more threating to conduct this action than Thanos, the mad titan? This is purely my opinion, but here are the top 5 Marvel heroes that will meet their end in Avengers: Infinity War.
5. Drax the Destroyer – Dave Bautista is awesome. I use to watch this guy in the WWE for years before he started his acting career. When he was cast as Drax, the man broke down crying because he was so excited to portray this character. He even decided to take more acting lessons in the process to make his performance top notch. His portrayal of Drax is very layered, especially with the death of his family at the hands of Ronin the Accuser. But he reveals that it was Thanos that gave the order. When battle ensues, Drax runs in head first to slaughter his enemy. Yet in Guardians of the Galaxy, he bit off more than he could chew twice with Ronin and almost died each time. Imagine how he’ll be when he meets Thanos. His emotions get out of hand and he has a bad habit of doing things out of impulse rather than thinking it out. If he though Ronin was tough, he has no idea until he meets Thanos. It would almost be poetic for Drax to die by Thanos’s hand and finally be reunited with his wife and daughter.
4. Iron Man – It all started with Iron Man. Back then, people thought his first movie was going to be a disaster but Robert Downey Jr. turned into the best casting decision they could’ve made. He was meant for this role. Once Iron Man concluded his own trilogy, for better or worse depending on what you thought of Iron Man 3, the studio needed to keep him relevant and so they did. They’ve kept him around for as long as they could. I bought into his morals in Civil War and his presence in Spider Man: Homecoming was exciting, even if it was excessive. Not only that, but Robert Downey Jr. as an actor is exploring new projects like Dr. Doolittle and hopefully a third installment of Sherlock Holmes? He’s getting busy and he may not want to continue paying Iron Man for much longer. So why not have him go out strong and die wearing the suit or armor fighting Thanos one last time? Maybe he’ll die protecting Peter Parker because in a way, he was like a father figure and mentor to him. Its possible he’ll have to make a difficult sacrifice to protect the one’s he loves.
3. Gamora – When Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 comes out in theatres, we might see a slightly different band of rag-tags than the group from the first two installments. Like Drax the Destroyer, it would also be a tragic but fitting end to Gamora if she met her end by the worst step-father in the universe. The man killed her parents when she was a child and adopted her as his own daughter then proceeded to breed her as a weapon of mass destruction. Other than her step-sister Nebula, Gamora is the only one with in-depth knowledge about Thanos and knows him on a personal level. She knows all about his plan to acquire the Infinity Stones and destroy half the universe. The Avengers will look to her to stop him by any means necessary. The trailer delves into the past with young Gamora holding Thanos’s hand walking down an isle towards a temple-like structure surrounded by armed soldiers. Perhaps were going to see more of her past fleshed out to get a better understanding of how she was raised. The emotions will be high when she faces off against him whether it’s with the Avengers or solo. Thanos will want to finish off Gamora for good.
2. Vision – The mission for Thanos is simple: collect all the Infinity Stones with the Infinity gauntlet and destroy half the universe. Vision has a bright yellow stone smack dab in the middle of his forehead. It might as well be a giant bullseye. You can be guaranteed the Avengers are going to protect Vision at all costs and it looks like the place to do that is in the city of Wakanda. It won’t be enough. As technologically advanced Wakanda is, they haven’t met an adversary like Thanos. He’s going to get the stones one way or another. There is a shot in the trailer of Vision being pinned down screaming as the Infinity Stone in his forehead is being pulled out. What do you think will happen to Vision when the stone gets ripped out? Most likely death, or at least greatly weakened to point where he will eventually die.
1. Captain America – It’s the most obvious choice. Not only is Captain America in the trailer struggling to hold his own again the mad titan, Chris Evans’ contract with the MCU is up. I personally thought he should’ve been killed off in Civil War because it happens in the comics and it would’ve given the film a more emotional punch had there been a death as a result of the fight between heroes. He’s no longer continuing to play Captain America after Avengers: Infinity War. Chris Evans is becoming more interested in the directing aspect of film as opposed to acting. Not sure how he’s going to die, but what we can expect is Bucky Barnes, aka the Winter Soldier, will take up the mantle as the new Captain America towards the end. It’s a powerful image in the trailer: a man who represents America is being weighed down by all the problems in the world, Thanos, and although he’s being beaten down, he powers through with everything he has left to give.
Once again, this is my speculation. Who do you think will fight to their last breath before they bite the dust? We can only speculate until April 27th, 2018.